Looking for some extra money? Then apply to become a Student Fundraiser at the NYU Phonathon!!
The Phonathon is a great way to meet new people, build your skills and resume, network and earn extra money over the summer and throughout the school year! We offer:
- Flexible Scheduling (mostly evenings and weekend hours)
- Nightly Games
- Weekly Prizes
- Monthly Competitons & Bonuses
- Starting salary of $9/hour, plus bonuses and incentives
Basic Student Caller Job Description
- Part of your job is to confirm/update demographic information, as well as build rapport as part of our goal of fostering positive and long-lasting relationships with alumni, parents, and friends.
- During the fundraising portion of the phone call, you are required to ask for specific amounts of money 4 times. You must complete three professional training classes prior to starting this job. We will teach you how to build rapport with our constituents, deal with their objections, and how to use our software interface.
- In order to keep this job, you will need to be able to implement the techniques you learn in the training class effectively and efficiently. Good computer skills and the ability to multi-task to are also required to simultaneously move through our computer program while speaking on the phone. Above all, in order for you to be a successful fundraising representative, you must be willing to learn from your experience and work to build your calling skills. We expect you will join us in our commitment to hitting our annual goals, and take pride in raising money for NYU students.
- Also important to note: this is not a work-study job, and it is only available to current NYU students. If you are an international student, you must have a permit to work in the U.S. to be employed at the Phonathon.
Did You Know....
- The Phonathon makes over 122,000 phone calls a year to NYU Alumni, Parents and Friends.
- The Phonathon calls on behalf of every single school within NYU including Stern, Medicine, CAS and SCPS!
- 70% of NYU undergraduate students rely on financial aid to get through college; aid that we help raise here at the Phonathon!
- NYU is among the top 15 universities in the U.S. in the number of National Merit Scholars in the first-year undergraduate student body.
- Most incoming students are in the top 10% of their class.
- NYU is #4 in the Princeton Review poll, behind Harvard, Yale and Stanford.